Today was the first day of Homecoming week, Western day! Yeeeeeha!
- We turned in our College Essays
- We got our Oedipus In-Class Essays back
- They weren't as beautiful as Smith had hoped, so if you want to redo your essay, talk to her as soon as you can.
- For information about how to improve your essay, go to https://docs.google.com/presentation/pub?id=1a1cEPN8t7YrgkxItUo5BBaPewQ5Ci4FgQwnURJbBVlE&start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000#slide=id.g1ddd7753_0_0
- We got our Elements of Literature textbooks today
- Write your name in the inside cover
- We worked on our Oedipus Modernization projects
- Read your Man-Booker Prize books. You should be on page 190
- Read "Middle Ages" pages 2-19, 47
- You can copy the necessary pages from the Elements of Literature book, if you aren't a fan of huge books.
- Think about: Roles of Various groups influencing culture? Women's roles? Wyrd? Bards and scoops? Role of the church? King Alfred? Role of monasteries?
- Finish the Modernizing Oedipus Project. It is to be performed Wednesday in class
- There will be a quiz over the "Middle Ages" reading on Friday